Come to the UK & undertake employment here with a Global Talent Visa (Exceptional Talent visa previously)
Global Talent visa is a category that allows a limited number of people who are considered to be leaders or emerging leaders in a small number of fields to enter the UK. You must be endorsed in one of these fields: science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts.
According to the statement of changes to the Immigration Rules, effective 20 February 2020, the Tier 1 – Exceptional Talent Visa has now been replaced by the Global Talent Visa.
You may be able to apply for a Global Talent Visa if:
- you are a recognised leader (exceptional talent);
- you are an emerging leader (exceptional promise);
- you have a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) endorsement
In addition, current holders of Tier 1 – Exceptional Talent Visa can still apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement) or for family members to join them in the United Kingdom under this category. However, kindly note that for extension, you will need to apply for a Global Talent Visa instead.
You can apply for settlement once you have been in the UK for:
- 3 years with an exceptional talent visa
- 3 years with an exceptional talent endorsement in science
- 5 years with an exceptional promise endorsement in either arts and culture or digital technology