Unmarried or Same Sex Partner Visas

Unmarried or Same Sex Partner Visas

Reunite with your same sex partner in the United Kingdom

Unmarried or Same Sex Partner Visas are for unmarried or same sex partners who wants to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or Settlement application based on their other half’s status.


You can apply for leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom if your unmarried or same sex partner is currently living and settled in the United Kingdom or intends to return the United Kingdom with you to settle here if you apply from outside the UK. You will need to show that you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years.

You will also need to show that you have a sufficient knowledge of English unless you are exempt, that you have adequate accommodation and that your spouse or civil partner meets the financial requirement. You can also include your children aged under 18 in your application. In most cases, children aged over 18 will not be accepted as dependents unless in exceptional circumstances.

Settlement application:

You can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the unmarried or same sex partner of a settled and present in the UK if you have completed the probationary period and that your relationship is still existing and genuine.

You must also meet the financial requirement, have enough knowledge of the English language and life in the United Kingdom and adequate accommodation.

Your qualified dependent children can remain in line with your settlement visa.

Related Visa Services

Long Residence under 10-year route

Long Residence visa or indefinite leave to remain as it is officially called, is for individuals who wish to apply ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Naturalisation)

British Citizenships or naturalisation as it is often called, is an application for individuals who want to be naturalised as ...
Read More

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas are for spouses or civil partners who want to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or ...
Read More

EEA Nationals – EU Settlement Scheme

EEA Nationals and their Family Members should register under the EU Settlement Scheme before the 30 June 2021 to secure ...
Read More

Appeal and Administrative Review

Administrative Review is a procedure in which applicants of refused applications request their case to be reviewed by the Home ...
Read More

Judicial Review

A Judicial Review is a procedure which applies to refused cases where no appeal rights have been granted. An appellant ...
Read More

Returning Resident

If you are returning to the UK and were a previous resident of the UK, then there is a process ...
Read More

EEA Family Permit

Family Members of EEA Nationals who are a qualified person can apply for a Family Permit to enter the United ...
Read More

EEA Residence Card

Family members of EEA Nationals need to hold a document certifying their right to reside in the United Kingdom. This ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Registration)

Some people may be eligible to register as a British citizen. This is different to Naturalisation and is usually less ...
Read More