Private Life under paragraph 276ADE of the Immigration Rules

Private Life under paragraph 276ADE of the Immigration Rules.

Know how to qualify for indefinite leave to remain

Individuals who have spent most of their lives in the UK and have established private and family life in the UK may be eligible for leave to remain which eventually leads to qualifying for Indefinite Leave to Remain.


There are different categories under this route which are as follows:

  1. The applicant is under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years and it would not be reasonably to expect the applicant to leave the UK; or
  2. The applicant(s) is a parent or parents of the applicant under section a), and they both established their private and family life in the UK;
  3. The applicant is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of his life living continuously in the UK;
  4. The applicant is aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years but there would be very significant obstacles to the applicant’s integration into the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK

The applications for the above-mentioned categories are mainly based on Article 8 of European Convention Human Rights under the Human Rights Act 1998.

For more details on how to obtain leave to remain under Long Residency, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Other Related Services

Long Residence under 10-year route

Long Residence visa or indefinite leave to remain as it is officially called, is for individuals who wish to apply ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Naturalisation)

British Citizenships or naturalisation as it is often called, is an application for individuals who want to be naturalised as ...
Read More

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas are for spouses or civil partners who want to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or ...
Read More

EEA Nationals – EU Settlement Scheme

EEA Nationals and their Family Members should register under the EU Settlement Scheme before the 30 June 2021 to secure ...
Read More

Appeal and Administrative Review

Administrative Review is a procedure in which applicants of refused applications request their case to be reviewed by the Home ...
Read More

Judicial Review

A Judicial Review is a procedure which applies to refused cases where no appeal rights have been granted. An appellant ...
Read More

Returning Resident

If you are returning to the UK and were a previous resident of the UK, then there is a process ...
Read More

EEA Family Permit

Family Members of EEA Nationals who are a qualified person can apply for a Family Permit to enter the United ...
Read More

EEA Residence Card

Family members of EEA Nationals need to hold a document certifying their right to reside in the United Kingdom. This ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Registration)

Some people may be eligible to register as a British citizen. This is different to Naturalisation and is usually less ...
Read More