EEA Permanent Residence

EEA Permanent Residence

If you do not qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, apply for EEA permanent residence

EEA Nationals and their Family Members can apply for settlement, this is called Permanent Residence.


EEA Nationals will be able to apply for Permanent Residence Card after 5 years of continuous legal residence in the United Kingdom as a qualified person exercising Treaty Rights. They will need to satisfy the relevant requirements and no gaps are allowed during the 5-year period.

A certain amount of documentation will need to be submitted along with the application to evidence residence and exercise of Treaty Rights.

Their family members can also apply for Permanent Residence Card after being granted an EEA Residence Card for 5 continuous years. They will need to meet the necessary requirements and provide the relevant documentation in support to their application.

The application fee is £65. They will be granted Permanent Residence but will loose this status if they are absent from the United Kingdom for more than 2 continuous years.

For further information on how to apply for an EEA Permanent Residence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Other Related Services

Long Residence under 10-year route

Long Residence visa or indefinite leave to remain as it is officially called, is for individuals who wish to apply ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Naturalisation)

British Citizenships or naturalisation as it is often called, is an application for individuals who want to be naturalised as ...
Read More

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas are for spouses or civil partners who want to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or ...
Read More

EEA Nationals – EU Settlement Scheme

EEA Nationals and their Family Members should register under the EU Settlement Scheme before the 30 June 2021 to secure ...
Read More

Appeal and Administrative Review

Administrative Review is a procedure in which applicants of refused applications request their case to be reviewed by the Home ...
Read More

Judicial Review

A Judicial Review is a procedure which applies to refused cases where no appeal rights have been granted. An appellant ...
Read More

Returning Resident

If you are returning to the UK and were a previous resident of the UK, then there is a process ...
Read More

EEA Family Permit

Family Members of EEA Nationals who are a qualified person can apply for a Family Permit to enter the United ...
Read More

EEA Residence Card

Family members of EEA Nationals need to hold a document certifying their right to reside in the United Kingdom. This ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Registration)

Some people may be eligible to register as a British citizen. This is different to Naturalisation and is usually less ...
Read More