British Citizenship (Registration)
Eligibility Criteria for Registration
Some people may be eligible to register as a British citizen. This is different to Naturalisation and is usually less complex.
You may be eligible if:
- you have another form of British nationality
- a British overseas citizen
- a British protected person
- a British subject
- a British national (overseas)
- you were born before 1 January 1983 to a British mother
- you were born to a British father, even if he was not married to your mother
- you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983
- you’re under 18 and don’t fit into the other categories
- you have a connection with Gibraltar or Hong Kong
- you’re stateless
As long as you are in one of the above categories and you fulfil the eligibility requirements, you will be able to register as a British citizen.
Home Office British Citizen Registration fees
Adult - £ 1206
Child - £ 1012
Nationality registration – British overseas territory citizen, British overseas citizens, British Subjects, British protected persons
Adult - £ 901
Child - £ 810
For further information on how to apply for British registration, please do not hesitate to contact us.