Visiting the UK on Business

Visiting the UK on Business

Visiting the UK for business purposes? Apply for Standard Visitor Visa

To apply to visit the UK for business purposes you can do so via a Standard Visitor Visa. You can usually apply 3 months before your intended travel to the UK


Examples of business related activities can include if:

  • you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training;
  • you want to take part in a specific sports-related event;
  • you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform;
  • are an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme;
  • you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post;
  • you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE);
  • you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK.

Whilst on a Business visitor Visa there are certain things that you can and cannot do.

You are able to:

You are not able to:

  • do paid or unpaid work in the UK during your visit;
  • live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits;
  • get access to public funds;
  • marry or register a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.

You must show that:

  • you’ll leave the UK at the end of your business visit;
  • you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your business visit;
  • you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your business visit;
  • you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.

How long will the decision Take and for how long can I stay?

You will normally receive a decision on your business visitor visa within 3 weeks and will be able to stay in the UK for 6 months.

For more details in relation to a Business Visitor Visa, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Other Related Services

Long Residence under 10-year route

Long Residence visa or indefinite leave to remain as it is officially called, is for individuals who wish to apply ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Naturalisation)

British Citizenships or naturalisation as it is often called, is an application for individuals who want to be naturalised as ...
Read More

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas are for spouses or civil partners who want to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or ...
Read More

EEA Nationals – EU Settlement Scheme

EEA Nationals and their Family Members should register under the EU Settlement Scheme before the 30 June 2021 to secure ...
Read More

Appeal and Administrative Review

Administrative Review is a procedure in which applicants of refused applications request their case to be reviewed by the Home ...
Read More

Judicial Review

A Judicial Review is a procedure which applies to refused cases where no appeal rights have been granted. An appellant ...
Read More

Returning Resident

If you are returning to the UK and were a previous resident of the UK, then there is a process ...
Read More

EEA Family Permit

Family Members of EEA Nationals who are a qualified person can apply for a Family Permit to enter the United ...
Read More

EEA Residence Card

Family members of EEA Nationals need to hold a document certifying their right to reside in the United Kingdom. This ...
Read More

British Citizenship (Registration)

Some people may be eligible to register as a British citizen. This is different to Naturalisation and is usually less ...
Read More