Visiting the UK on Business
Visiting the UK for business purposes? Apply for Standard Visitor Visa
To apply to visit the UK for business purposes you can do so via a Standard Visitor Visa. You can usually apply 3 months before your intended travel to the UK
Examples of business related activities can include if:
- you’re coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training;
- you want to take part in a specific sports-related event;
- you’re an artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform;
- are an academic and are doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme;
- you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post;
- you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE);
- you want to get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK.
Whilst on a Business visitor Visa there are certain things that you can and cannot do.
You are able to:
- Participate in any business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules;
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit to the UK;
- take part in an exchange programme or educational visit (if you’re under 18)
- convert your civil partnership into a marriage;
- pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country);
You are not able to:
- do paid or unpaid work in the UK during your visit;
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits;
- get access to public funds;
- marry or register a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
You must show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your business visit;
- you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your business visit;
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your business visit;
- you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
How long will the decision Take and for how long can I stay?
You will normally receive a decision on your business visitor visa within 3 weeks and will be able to stay in the UK for 6 months.
For more details in relation to a Business Visitor Visa, please do not hesitate to contact us.