Barar Associates

Civil Partner and Spouse Visa Solicitors

Call Now on
0207 487 8370

If you would like to move forward with your life, call us now on 0207 487 8370

Get the right to live with your spouse or civil partner in the UK

Spouse and Civil Partner Visas are for spouses or civil partners who want to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or Settlement application based on their other half’s status.

Leave to enter/remain in the UK:

You can apply for leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom if your spouse or civil partner is currently living and settled in the United Kingdom or intends to return the United Kingdom with you to settle here if you apply from outside the UK.

You will also need to show that you have a sufficient knowledge of English unless you are exempt, that you have adequate accommodation and that your spouse or civil partner meets the financial requirement.

You can also include your children aged under 18 in your application. In most cases, children aged over 18 will not be accepted as dependents unless in exceptional circumstances.

Settlement application:

You can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the spouse or civil partner of a person settled and present in the UK if you have completed the probationary period and that your marriage or civil partnership is still existing and genuine.

You must also meet the financial requirement, have enough knowledge of the English language and life in the United Kingdom and adequate accommodation.

Your qualified dependent children can remain in line with your settlement visa.

Ask your questions to one of our immigration lawyers now

Talk to one of our Consultants Now

Professional UK immigration solicitors, here to help you.