Barar Associates

Same Sex or Unmarried Partner Visa

Call Now on
0207 487 8370

If you would like to move forward with your life, call us now on 0207 487 8370

Reunite with your same sex partner in the United Kingdom

Unmarried or Same Sex Partner Visas are for unmarried or same sex partners who wants to apply for Leave to Enter/Remain and/or Settlement application based on their other half’s status.

You can apply for leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom if your unmarried or same sex partner is currently living and settled in the United Kingdom or intends to return the United Kingdom with you to settle here if you apply from outside the UK. You will need to show that you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years.

You will also need to show that you have a sufficient knowledge of English unless you are exempt, that you have adequate accommodation and that your spouse or civil partner meets the financial requirement. You can also include your children aged under 18 in your application. In most cases, children aged over 18 will not be accepted as dependents unless in exceptional circumstances.

Settlement application:

You can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the unmarried or same sex partner of a settled and present in the UK if you have completed the probationary period and that your relationship is still existing and genuine.

You must also meet the financial requirement, have enough knowledge of the English language and life in the United Kingdom and adequate accommodation.

Your qualified dependent children can remain in line with your settlement visa.

Ask your questions to one of our immigration lawyers now

Talk to one of our Consultants Now

Professional UK immigration solicitors, here to help you.