Transfer Workers to a UK Branch with Intra-Company routes
The Intra-Company routes allow multinational companies to transfer workers from their overseas operations to a UK branch. The worker must have a confirmed UK job and a Certificate of Sponsorship from their employer, who must hold a valid Intra-Company sponsor licence.
You can apply for one of the Intra-Company routes if your overseas employer is wishing to transfer you to a UK branch of the company.
These routes have replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Long-term Staff and Graduate Trainee routes from 1st December 2020 and also apply to EEA nationals who arrived in the United Kingdom after 31st December 2020.
There are two Intra-Company routes:
- Intra-Company Transfer for established employees who are being transferred by their overseas employer to do a skilled job for a linked employer in the United Kingdom; and
- Intra-Company Graduate Trainee for employees taking part in a structured graduate training programme who are being transferred by their overseas employer to a linked employer in the United Kingdom.
If you wish to apply, you will need to provide a Certificate of Sponsorship and have the required salary and maintenance. You need to score at least 60 points as per below for your visa application to be approved:
|Sponsorship with valid CoS||20|
|Job at appropriate skill level (level 6 or above)||20|
|Salary at required level||20|
You can ‘switch’ to the Intra-Company routes from within the United Kingdom if you were not last granted permission on any of the following routes:
- Short-term student
- Parent of a Child Student
- Seasonal Worker
- Domestic Worker in a Private Household
- Outside the Immigration Rules
A dependent partner and dependent children can apply to come to the United Kingdom with you on these routes. However, the Intra-Company routes do not lead to settlement (indefinite leave to remain) in the United Kingdom.
At Barar and Associates, we are dedicated to ensuring that your application process is stress-free and tailored to your needs. Please speak to our team of friendly experts today should you have any questions or would like our assistance.