Barar Associates

Domestic Workers Visa

Call Now on
0207 487 8370

If you would like to move forward with your life, call us now on 0207 487 8370

Bring your domestic worker in the UK for 6 months

The Overseas Domestic Worker Visa allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when visiting the UK for up to 6 months. Domestic workers in private households can include cleaners, chauffeurs, gardeners, cooks, nannies and carers. They must be employed in the UK in the employer’s house or in a house that they use regularly.

A domestic worker can come to the United Kingdom with their employer and undertake domestic work for their employer for a maximum period of six months if they applied after 6 April 2012.

The domestic worker must be 19 or older, has worked for his/her employer for at least 1 year in the same household as his/her employer and plans to travel to the United Kingdom with his/her employer.

Furthermore, the applicant needs to intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in his/her employer’s household in the United Kingdom.

Moreover, the domestic worker must be able to support himself/herself in the United Kingdom without the need for public funds. The employer must additionally pay them the national minimum wage.

Please do not hesitate to contact us to book a consultation or simply talk to one member of our team.

Ask your questions to one of our immigration lawyers now

Talk to one of our Consultants Now

Professional UK immigration solicitors, here to help you.