Barar Associates

New UK Work Permit route: Skilled Worker Visa

Call Now on
0207 487 8370

If you would like to move forward with your life, call us now on 0207 487 8370

Work in the UK with the Skilled Worker visa

The Skilled Worker visa has now replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa, from 1st December 2020.

The Skilled Worker visa is for EEA and non-EEA nationals who would like to come and work for a sponsor in the UK.

You must have a skilled job offer from a licensed sponsor who holds a valid sponsor licence in the UK.

To be eligible to apply for this visa, you will need to score at least 70 points as per below:

Sponsorship with valid CoS20
Job at appropriate skill level20
English language at B110
Salary: tradeable 20 points according to the level of the salary, PhD qualification or whether the job is in shortage occupationTradeable 20 points

You can ‘switch’ to the Skilled Worker visa from within the United Kingdom if you were not last granted permission on any of the following routes:

  • Visitor
  • Short-term student
  • Parent of a Child Student
  • Seasonal Worker
  • Domestic Worker in a Private Household
  • Outside the Immigration Rules

You can apply to extend your visa under the Skilled Worker visa, and, after completion of 5 years, this visa leads to settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain), provided that you meet all the eligibility requirements.

Additionally, you can bring your family members such as your spouse or children if you meet the maintenance and relationship requirement.

At Barar and Associates, we are dedicated to ensuring that your application process is stress-free and tailored to your needs. Please speak to our team of friendly experts today should you have any questions or would like our assistance.

Ask your questions to one of our immigration lawyers now

Talk to one of our Consultants Now

Professional UK immigration solicitors, here to help you.