Barar & Associates provides a service for the certification of documents.
Certifying a document means that a professional person, such as a Solicitor from Barar & Associates who is qualified and practising Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales can certify a document as a true copy of the original document.
What type of documents can be certified?
The documents below are some of the documents that can be certified:
- Photocard driving licences
- Letters from a government department
- Bank/building society or credit card statements
- Gas, electricity or council tax bills
- Letters from a hospital/doctor
How are documents certified?
Please bring a photocopied document and the original document to our offices.
The photocopied document will be certified as a true copy of the original document. One of our solicitors will:
- Write/stamp ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the photocopied document;
- Sign and date the photocopied document;
- Print their name under their signature on the photocopied document; and
- Will add their occupation, SRA number (Solicitor’s Regulation Authority), our address and telephone number on the photocopied document.
- Always check with the organisation that needs the certified copy if there is any specific rules for who can certify your documents;
- The person certifying your document must not be related to you, living at the same address to you or in a relationship to you; and
- We will retain an electronic copy of the document we certified. We are required to hold this information and documents for at least six years after which time your file may be destroyed.
Please kindly note that this service is chargeable and the fee will depend on the type/amount of documents.
Should you wish to book an appointment to certify your document or to enquire about the fee for certifying your document, please do not hesitate to contact our professional team of immigration lawyers at email@example.com or call us at 0207 487 8370.